Determine which Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) hazard categories and conformity assessment modules apply to your pressure equipment using this PED Category Selection tool from Lloyd s Register.
Pressure equipment for use in the European Union above specified pressure and volume (or nominal diameter) thresholds must be manufactured in accordance with the PED in order to apply the CE marking and meet EU single market requirements. Each piece of pressure equipment above these thresholds must be assigned a hazard category based on what kind of equipment it is, what fluid(s) it will contain, and its pressure and capacity. This determines which conformity assessment modules are available.
Through an easy, step-by-step interface, the Lloyd s Register PED Category Selector helps clear the confusion about which PED categories apply to your equipment. Details of all the categories and modules are also available.
1. Simple inputs such as design pressure, volume, nominal size.
2. Displays PED category and modules based on type of equipment, fluid and phase.
3. Description of the manufacturer s and Notified Body s separate responsibilities in each module.
4. Displays where your pressure equipment sits on the appropriate PED Table.
5. Enables you to contact Lloyd s Register and locate your nearest PED expert.
6. Links to the PED text and official WGP guidelines.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Lloyd’s Register PED Category Selector is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-08-07. The program can be installed on iOS.
Lloyd’s Register PED Category Selector (version 2.0.0) has a file size of 8.81 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 9 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.